Monday, December 3, 2007

The "Submarine Room"

We call this the "Submarine Room." Why? Well, just look at it! It's a half-floor lower than the rest of the floor (wheelchair accessible, no less), and the handles on the moveable shelves look like some sort of elaborate submarine navigation system. The railing on the ramp gives off an "all aboard!" feel; every time I head down to this room to shelve some journals, I can't help imagining I'm about to go on a deep sea journey. It even feels like you're underwater.

Since I still can't sleep, I'm gonna throw out another fun fact about visiting the Olde Library during a rain/wind storm: the noises. Every time the wind hits the building, you hear them. "WoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo." Is it a ghost? No, it's just the wind. The Olde Library makes it sound like a ghost. The ghost gets really loud and spooky if you hang out in the "Submarine Room."

No comments: